Wednesday 2 January 2013

The beginning

I feel that I should start by introducing myself and explaining a little bit about myself and my work. I have always been fascinated with cameras from the young age of twelve, as my father had a huge vintage trunk filled to the brim with different SLRs, lenses and filters. I was bewildered by how they all worked, all the different settings and dials, but I always had one thing in mind - I would one day use them myself. My father is my biggest inspiration, as from the age of 18+ he has been working in London as a graphic designer, art director, illustrator and photographer. I have memories of visiting his studio and playing around on Photoshop, pressing all the different filters. At the age of fifteen, on Christmas morning I was gifted with my first DSLR. I instantly took it all out of the box and set the camera up to start shooting, from then I was glued to it. My first interest in fashion photography came about when I was walking through the local harbour with a friend who was obsessed with fashion, and we decided to take some photographs amongst giant tires, tea gardens and war time memorabilia. From there on I was hooked and to this day continue to take fashion and portrait photographs. I have won a regional art award, been featured in two exhibitions, have a photographed published in a book, been a featured photographer for paper aquarium magazine, had two features for Ballad Of magazine and an editorial spread in XO magazine. I am currently waiting to hear back from Falmouth University to study Fashion Photography in Cornwall - something I have longed to do since I was a pre teen. This blog will be a place where I can update you on my work, going on's in my life related to photography and show some behind the scenes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment